Planche Training and Consolidation tips?

Started by Jordan Wade, June 9, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,988 Views

Jordan Wade

Hey guys I just recently joined the GB forums and have also just recently accomplished a 5 second Straddle Planche :)

My question is: What is a good set/rep scheme to continue to make progress in Planche training? Would a 5x5 way be good? i.e. 5 sets of 5 second straddle planche holds and then increasing difficulty.

Just want to know how everyone goes about getting/maintaining/prpgressing their planche.

Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

jules

If you have a 'True' straddle planche (hips fully open, protracted shoulders, feet at shoulder height), then building up to 5X5 is a good place to start (at 5sec Max, maybe start  3x3s,4x3s,5x3s,3x4s  etc).

Do you have a video of it? Its always good to look for weak links to strengthen.

Jordan Wade

No I don't have a video yet. I will have one within the next couple of days.

I think the main thing I have to focus on is feet at shoulder height consistently.

Thanks for the tips! :)