This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When to restart a cycle?

Started by dc9137, June 8, 2014 · 2 Replies · 156 Views

dc9137

I'm finishing week 2 and still trying to figure out the progression cycles.  I am super immobile so it's going to take me some time to get my mobility down.  I'm wondering when do I restart a cycle?    I'm guessing I don't repeat a week until I reach mastery level because that would mess with the deload weeks.

 

Do I just restart Block 1 after the deload week or complete the full 12 week cycle and then test to determine if I should start at week 1, 5 or 9?  

 

 

Duff

If you can complete week 3, then have the deload and move to week 5 after it. 

 

You can keep increasing the reps for the strength part while your mobility catches up, but you shouldn't move to the next element until both are up to mastery.

Keegan

^^^ this, unless your mobility is limiting your performance of the PE/SE; then it's advised to repeat weeks 1-4 (block 1) until you can perform all of the sets/reps with full ROM of the PE/SE. Once you can do that, then move on to block 2 and so on until you reach mastery.