This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Temporary alternative to MN/PE1?

Started by dc9137, June 8, 2014 · 4 Replies · 186 Views

dc9137

I am having a problem with my right hip where something is "catching" when I go from my leg being fully bent to straight.  It's quite painful and I can actually feel the tendon (or whatever it is) shift over the bone.  If the movement is slow and deliberate it's not a huge problem, but anything quick or explosive is troublesome.  I'm going to see a ortho doc next week, but in the meantime I don't want to stop working out.

 

Are there any alternatives to the tuck-up that I could substitute until I get more concrete direction from the doc?  

Duff

You could try PE4 and PE5. Of course don't do it if it causes any find of pain. You still have FL for abdominal work. Or you could do it really slowly for the time being, if it causes no pain as you say?

Keilani Gutierrez

i felt something similar when starting foundation. i still do, only without pain.

if you can, i'd just take it easy on the mn pe and just do foam rolling. hang out on tight areas and really work on relaxing.

i wouldn't move forward to a harder PE, since half tuck lifts put the hip flexors in a position where they have to work harder through space than if you were laying down. just take it easy for now, roll those hip flexors and work on your arch body hold.

dc9137

Thanks...I should mention that I caused the problem doing a funky flying front kick in kickboxing class that I didn't have the mobility for.  It was a specific injury as opposed to a general onset of symptoms.  

Keilani Gutierrez

yeah, get checked out if you need to and see if warming up the muscles with a 5minute roll time on each leg and if you still get the pain, then just let it chill for a few days. that's the recipe i use for thigs that are particularly tough on important joints (dislocates, especially.)

hope you get that sorted soon.