This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I can't believe how much harder

Started by kimura, June 8, 2014 · 5 Replies · 484 Views

kimura

Hollow body holds are than straddle hollow body rocks. Wow. I just mastered sHBR solidly and moved on, excited to tackle hollow body holds. Looks like I'll be here for awhile. I got 60 seconds on the first set, but could barely get 30 seconds on the rest of the sets. I'm impressed. By the time I finish this one I can't imagine how strong my core will be. Humbled by GST again! (and again and again and again)

Jon Douglas

Yeah, they do that :D

 

It'd be no fun if they hit areas you were strong in. No sah!

CrayfishBaz

Hi guys I've just started Straddle Body Rocks and wanted to ask if you are essentially suppose to pivot from your buttocks? Or do you come back onto your lower back like the bent version? I've tried both approaches and at this stage can't keep my feet less than the recommended 1 foot off the ground unless I pivot.

 

Cheers, baz

Murray Truelove
CrayfishBaz said:

Hi guys I've just started Straddle Body Rocks and wanted to ask if you are essentially suppose to pivot from your buttocks? Or do you come back onto your lower back like the bent version? I've tried both approaches and at this stage can't keep my feet less than the recommended 1 foot off the ground unless I pivot.

Cheers, baz

You need a strong PPT to achieve a smooth rocking motion. I really need to squeeze my glutes to get my "tail-tuck".

thecolin
CrayfishBaz said:

Or do you come back onto your lower back like the bent version?

 

The majority of your rock should be on the lower back, this is what allows for a smooth movement.

CrayfishBaz

Thanks guys, I like the tucked tail reference-puts it into perspective!