rings dimensions?

Started by hype, June 5, 2014 · 9 Replies · 3,530 Views

hype

hi guys,

So I want to buy gymnastic rings, and I wanted to know what dimensions should I be buying?

I want standard rings like the xtreme, same dimensions.

 

So what length of strap, diameter, etc. do I have to take? And also, what material is best? (Wood, metal, etc.?)

 

thanks

Daniel Burnham

Wood is best feel. Plastic is more durable. Metal is pretty bad in my opinion. Doesn't hold chalk well and gets slippery.

Jon Douglas

Next pair I buy will probably be wood.

Make sure the straps are long enough for handstands (remember they are doubled over when hanging)

thecolin
Jon Douglas said:

Next pair I buy will probably be wood.

 

When you do, be sure to update us on your profile with the following status: "I've got wood!"

Jon Douglas

I'll be sure to announce that publicly.

Cole Dano

For dimensions, only buy rings that are FIG spec. 

thecolin

I tried wooden rings at the Copenhagen seminar, the difference in grip is night and day vs metal rings. False grip work on wooden rings is so much easier. I may need to get wood myself.

hype
Cole Dano said:

For dimensions, only buy rings that are FIG spec.

What does FIG mean?

hype

Oh thanks!