Nakayama training

Started by Wangtang6911, May 22, 2009 · 6 Replies · 3,770 Views

Wangtang6911

So, I posted a while back about learning a D level cross.

I played around with the Nakayama a bit, but stopped. I really want to pick up this skill, but I am just stuck. Here is a video of my attempt a few months ago. If anyone can help or has any tips, I would be happy to try it out!

Thanks!

Gregor

When you are uprising back to cross, don't be so arched. Squeeze your abs at point of rising back and push rings down at the same time.

I hope I helped.

Blairbob

How about trying it on lower rings focusing on just the nakayama. Support, lower through maltese/swallow to back lever and bounce back to cross reversing the action. Try not to focus on hitting a 2s hold for the maltese so you can leave your strength to focus on the nakayama.

Coach Sommer

First of all, nicely done :D!

Gregor said:
When you are uprising back to cross, don't be so arched.

Gregor has touched on a key point. Keeping your back flatter coming out of the back lever will allow you to get your toes down faster and sit up closer to vertical during the pull to cross.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Wangtang6911

Thanks a lot guys!

I will try to keep all these things in mind when I go to practice next week!

One last thing I want to ask is that is the nakayama similar to the turnover on the azarian cross?

Gregor

you mean if nakayama training helps for azarian training? Yes, all simillar moves helps.

Wangtang6911

Alright! I got this skill a few days ago and did tried it again yesterday. Thanks for the tips everyone!

The one thing that I do have questions about is how do I get my shoulders up higher? What ends up happening to me is that after the back lever position, I readjust, but my shoulders are really low. This makes for a really low cross, but I can't pull out of it if I want to connect to an invert cross or maltese. I will post a video of it up soon!

Thanks everyone!