I'd like to keep working up to a bodyweight JC as per a recommendation I read. I fear injury though.
What are the guidelines for adding weight to this exercise? How about volume and frequency?
Thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by The Hansenator, June 4, 2014 · 3 Replies · 303 Views
I'd like to keep working up to a bodyweight JC as per a recommendation I read. I fear injury though.
What are the guidelines for adding weight to this exercise? How about volume and frequency?
Thanks.
I add 1kg when the weight feels easy . I do these x2 a week for 3 sets of 5 in my warm ups. I have gone from 2kg to 50kg in 18 months using this method.
There is along thread on Jefferson Curls and it's safety elsewhere. It will come up in a search.
The weight I'm currently using feels light enough and I can easily do more but I want to avoid increasing it too fast and getting injured.
I was reading about round back lifting from Stu McGill. He explained that you can adapt to it over time and that's why you see power lifters using that style without injuring themselves. He also pointed out that the period of adaptation is a dangerous time. When you first move into round back lifting you have to practice that type of movement but your body has not yet adapted to it and you're at increased risk of injury. It was reassuring to read but it's also a caution not to progress too quickly.
slow and steady wins the race.