This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL - Tension in lats

Started by Shaolintobbe, June 4, 2014 · 2 Replies · 154 Views

Shaolintobbe

Hi, I was thinking about this after alex87 comment, "feeling lats cramps on sPL PE5? you are doing it right"

 

I have strong tension in lats on straight arm plank, then I start to lean and the more I lean the less I feel the tension, in tuck-pl I can´t feel the tension at all. 

 

What do you guys think about this, is the tension there but I can´t feel it, or am I to week in my lats?

 

 

Should I lean only so much that I still have a strong tension in the lats?

 

Thank you

Alessandro Mainente

it is about mental activation, when you are suspended you think to assume the easier position but it is not automatic that the easier is the most correct. i experimented this on my self. i did 100 steps back revisiting all the sPL elements so that the depression and lats activation becomes more familiar. try this activation a little during the beginning of F2 spl. you will find that the problem comes out when the legs are suspended.

 

the problem is that when lats activation is not automatic you focus on protraction because protract and depress completely is too difficult. you can use less seconds in your hold but be sure to include lats activation. 

Shaolintobbe

Ok , thank you, I think I will go back a bit and focus more on the lats activation, so as to make it more automatic.