This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Any restrictions on Posts outside of GB.com in regards to Foundation 1 and Handstand 1?

Started by kingzlo, June 3, 2014 · 10 Replies · 602 Views

kingzlo

Hello again,

 

I've been looking throughout the forum, within Foundations One, for a good while, in regards to posting on blogs and videos outside of Gymnasticbodies forum.  So far I only got this statement: 

"Please note that videos for form checks must not be publicly listed or searchable."

from New to Foundation One? Start Here.

 

Now my question is this, Am I able to post in my blog about my progress with my personal videos, pictures, and writing?  Is there a limit to what I say and show?  

 

I've been wanting to do that since I've been lifting weights, creating uncut videos (soon to be edited via Adobe Premiere Pro CS6), and started taking my test for Personal Training in order to promote myself and business.  No longer lifting weight for I see how my body is feeling and progressing from this change within gymnastics training.

KibboKift

Hi Kingzlo,

I think you need to be very careful here.

 

 

Aside from the charges of copyright infringement you leave yourself open to if you reproduce the course material without permission, think about this from the point of view of the GB staff and the other members who have paid for their courses. Any details you share of the course content and programming, whether they be written, photos, video etc essentially means you are giving away a part of something which took a great deal of time and expertise to put together. It costs what it does for good reason.

 

I understand that you want to get more people interested in GST training, but GB also has that goal and they have already decided how much material to make publicly available as a 'taster'. See the public GB site, FB page and YouTube channel. I think to replicate this (already publicly-available material) would be permissible as long as you credit GB, but to go beyond it would not be.

 

Happy to be contradicted here by staff/mods; this is just the view of one community member :)

 

It's been said in the past that if you want to talk about your progress publicly, you should use the course nomenclature without explaining what it refers to. So you could say: "Just managed to demonstrate mastery of SPl PE1, but I'm still way off with the paired mobility element. Looks like I won't be able to move on to PE2 for a while."

SLY

If you do a "videoblog" you will see the exercises and I assume you are starting from PE1 of each the elements.

Than you are showing the course, maybe not the excat plan/schedule, execution, how many reps and so on but for me it would be the same like copy the course and give it all away to people for free.

 

I wouldn't recommend it either.

 

Once I saw a blog of a guy and it was made like a review of Foundation but without any information in detail of the course.

That was okay, he talked about what had improved and how he felt.

kingzlo

I figured that, that's why I had to ask. With that said, I can see myself more on writing the feelings I am feeling in my body as I'm progressing weekly in a sense of comparison to weight training, like,

"My lower back is feeling tighter than from execution of deadlifts."

"Core strength is feeling more stronger than ever as I execute routines for my abdominal muscles."

"My legs feeling deeper different with this sort of 'calisthenics form of execution. Looking forward to really getting it in on one legged squats, the way It's intended."

I'm sure people will ask for more details & I would lead them here through gymnasticbodies..com. Is there an affiliate program to redirect via link?

Keilani Gutierrez

shoot Cory or Coach a PM

IcedDante

I think this level of concern is pretty ridic. Most of these movements are known and there's just no way people are going to be able to construct the foundation courses from your postings, not to mention access to these forums is such a huge part of being successful at Foundation. If anything I would think it would only bolster business.

SLY
IcedDante said:

I think this level of concern is pretty ridic. Most of these movements are known and there's just no way people are going to be able to construct the foundation courses from your postings, not to mention access to these forums is such a huge part of being successful at Foundation. If anything I would think it would only bolster business.

You are right but... the creators of the foundation wrote this "Please note that videos for form checks must not be publicly listed or searchable."  and that counts not only for form checks. Further kingzlo wrote he would like to do uncut training videos, so you could do the whole foundation training if he would film EVERY training session of course.

 

 

Anyway, that what the slack liner did was pretty good like he mentioned in his latest blog post his visitor count skyrocket after he posted his experience about F1, so yes it bolsted business ;) 

kingzlo
IcedDante said:

If anything I would think it would only bolster business.

I googled "gymnasticbodies affiliate" and came across a few interesting pieces, from within and outside of GB.com.  Here's a posting from within talked about a while back...

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11570-affiliate-marketing-f1-4-h1-2/

 

I've been thinking about this long and hard and know I should look into getting certified with GB due to it being an awesome program. Currently I'm still working on my ISSA certification; passed the multiple choice and true/false.  Just have to work on the case studies; written essays for 2 imaginary clients.

 

With that said, I'm keeping this post in mind for future reference:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/7206-the-first-gb-level-1-certification-examination/

 

For now, I just want to write about my journey and did not want to "violate" in any way, so I had to ask.  So of course I'll be mindful in the overall process.

kingzlo
SLY said:

You are right but... the creators of the foundation wrote this "Please note that videos for form checks must not be publicly listed or searchable."  and that counts not only for form checks. Further kingzlo wrote he would like to do uncut training videos, so you could do the whole foundation training if he would film EVERY training session of course.

I guess that's where I may have been misunderstood.  Most of my old workout sessions with weights, and without, were posted on youtube uncut, just to put on as a starting point to move somewhere, for something is better than nothing.  I mentioned that due to working with Premiere Pro, I would CUT pieces out to show, as an example, "I could do a handstand" (future reference) and the like that is UNIVERSALLY known, even some calisthenic routines outside of GB.  And state where I got/getting my strength from.  

 

So no uncut, understood.

jules

Double check with the moderators but I'm sure posting videos of you doing gymnastic skills that everyone knows shouldn't be a problem.

(Handstand, HLL, L-sit  etc). However materials only shown in the course should stay in there forums.

 

But like I said, double check with Mods.

kingzlo
jules said:

Double check with the moderators but I'm sure posting videos of you doing gymnastic skills that everyone knows shouldn't be a problem.

(Handstand, HLL, L-sit  etc). However materials only shown in the course should stay in there forums.

 

But like I said, double check with Mods.

Thanks for the feedback.  You are right about the material, that is only shown in the course, to not be posted outside of GB.com as I received feedback from Coach about it over a week ago on PM in regards to this posting.