This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090521

Started by Coach Sommer, May 20, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,007 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090521.jpg

Complete four rounds:

10 Clapping Pull-ups

3 Negative Side Levers

5 German Hang Pulls

notes:

1) Rest 20-30 seconds each between each movement.

2) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

3) The clap in the Clapping Pull-ups should occur with the chin above the bar.

4) Perform the three Negative Side Lever Pulls on your right side and then immediately perform three more on the left side. Negative Side Lever Pulls are found on BtGB, pg. 141.

5) German Hang Pulls are found on BtGB, pg. 144.

Ricky Dawson

Hello all,

sadly i do not have the ability to perform the side levers due to lack of equipment.

Can someone suggest a good alternative exercise or 'next best'?

I only have a single pull up bar, rings and parallettes to hand.

thanks, Ricky

heinrich

Hello ricky,

in the book, the side lever pulls are listed in the "obliques-section".

So I guess windshield wipers or circular-HLL might be possible substitutes.

Ricky Dawson

Hi Heinrich,

thanks for the reccomendation, i do have the book just not with me at work.

I appreciate your response,

thanks, Ricky

Nic Scheelings

Hey Ricky,

The only equipment you need for side levers is a street sign. :D

Cheers

Nobodystopsdblob

Complete four rounds: also got a MU during warm up fairly easy and smooth. Just did the one.

10 Clapping Pull-ups

3 Negative Side Levers sort of tucked and untucked

5 German Hang Pulls broken sets not exactly sure I did them right since I cannot find my book since the move