Question about the planche

Started by Supreme, June 2, 2014 · 5 Replies · 1,382 Views

Supreme

Hello everyone! Today I was holding planche and  faced with a problem. For example I can hold tuck planche for 25 seconds. So i'm holding it for 5 sets and 12.5 seconds. After completing all sets successfuly, I still feel that I can hold more than 5 sets. What should I do? Should I continue training planche?

 

Sorry If somewhere were the same topic like mine and sorry for  my bad english.

chuchodani
Supreme said:

Hello everyone! Today I was holding planche and  faced with a problem. For example I can hold tuck planche for 25 seconds. So i'm holding it for 5 sets and 12.5 seconds. After completing all sets successfuly, I still feel that I can hold more than 5 sets. What should I do? Should I continue training planche?

 

Sorry If somewhere were the same topic like mine and sorry for  my bad english.

In what part of your cycle you are ? what week ? because remember that you have to use that time of 12.5 for a couple of week and then test again your max hold. I think that you have to increase the seconds if you are ready.

Alessandro Mainente

the most beneficial programming for isometric hold (for beginner) is provided in foundations. of course good preparation on previous elements makes the progress faster.

Supreme

Sorry for very very late reply. my max hold is 30 seconds(tuck planche). I moved to advanced tuck planche and my max hold is 12 seconds, so now i'm doing 10x6 now everything is perfectly fine atm. I have another question for assisting exercises. I'm doing handstand pushups with wall support (I want start to train handstand pushups without a wall support) but my wrists after advanced tuck planche holds became weak and I can't hold solid handstand. Is it good idea to train wrists with wrist roller and wrist pushups?

Supreme

Thanks for information but what about wrist rollers. Is this good exercise for wrist conditioning?