Hello everyone,
I am going to build a new gym. I used to have a basic barbell gym and some bumpers, but recently sold them, because I have not been lifting, and want to truly delve into the gymnastics side of things. I also felt the barbell lifting was doing me more harm than good, and that I would like to challenge myself to build power and strength, without standard Olympic or power lifting. I have $850 to begin this new gym. Thus far I have a 150# sandbag I use for conditioning, a pair of wood FIG spec rings, and a pullup rig that I built outside. What do you think I should use $850 on?
My list so far:
Stall bars: $244.93 from 3B scientific (I know these are not the best, but figure they will work, and I do not have a ton of tools, so building some is not a good idea for me.)
Rogue Fitness Flat Pack Box: $125 (I think I could put some type of cushion over this then hook my feet in the stall bars and do GHDs. And of course use it for jumping).
Rope: 15’ climbing rope $77.50 (if anyone has a better price, let me know)
Now what else should I get? Specifically to follow the foundations series and handstand series, eventually the ring series, so on? I have read I may need 5, 10, 15, and 20 lb dumbbells. I sold both of my Olympic barbells and the weights. Should a get a basic barbell and some little plates for mobility work?
Eventually my gym will consist of all the gymnastic bodies equipment I need to efficiently follow the programs, some kettlebells for conditioning and fun, a tire for pulling, a tractor tire for conditioning and fun, and sandbags for power work and fun.
I look forward to the advice and input. Thanks.