Hi all, I have basically registered to ask this one question (although I have been watching this forum on and off for a few years now):
How do you go about training for multiple repetitions of one arm pull/chin ups?
A bit about myself and current level of strength, I do rock climbing and weigh around 58-62 kg. I can do a one arm pullup from the deadhang position, to where my chest touching the bar, in a decently controlled manner for both arms. However, when I try to do my next repetition after lowering down, I can only get the bent arm or half arm lock position. I can do mutiple repetitions of the compound movments (from deadhang to half arm lock position) & (from half arm lock to full arm lock), but cannot for the life of me do both together for repetitions.
Also, my personal best was 3 OAP/C with my right arm and 2 OAP/C with my left, but that was over a year now and I cannot recall how I got to that state. Presently. my strength level seems to fluctuate quite wildly, on some days I will struggle and not be able to do even one with either arm even with warm up, and on other days, I will be able to do it from cold start. This could perhaps be attributed to some extent of my fluctuating body weight.
Approaches that I have used to train with mix success:
1) Repetitions of one arm negatives after doing one arm pullups
2) Locking off in a static position with additional weights (either half arm lock with more weight, or full arm lock with less weight)
3) Repetitions of weighted pull ups at about a total 150% of body weight)
4) Repetitions of one arm pullups with reduced weight for 90% of body weight)
Please share with me your thoughts and advice! ![]()