This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

adding extra mobility sets and progressions to f1 workout?

Started by dsohei, May 30, 2014 · 2 Replies · 202 Views

dsohei

Hope this makes sense. With each work set there's a paired mobility set, in front lever for example im still working on mastery for pe1, but im perfect with the paired mobility, in fact I can do all the rest of front levers mobility sets, not to perfection yet, but I can do the exercises and they feel good to do, in fact, after a round of cat cow, progressing through static table, to table rocks, and so on actually help me perform bent hollow body hold better.

Likewise with hollow back press, im still working on the endurance to master the puship, but I can do all the mobility exercises for the future exercises, and they make me feel warmed up and in my body.

My question is how would I add more mobility exercise progressions to f1, or would it make more sense to do extra mini workout/warmups composed of just as many mobility progressions that I can perform well (quality reps and sets)?

RJS

I say keep the im with its pe and enjoy being flexible while your strength catches up.

Remember even stretching produces micro tears that need time to recover.

Normal warm up, normal workout. If anything, focus your energy on strength during on days. If i were you, id enjoy off days with that extra mobility idea you mentioned.

Jon Douglas

Simple enough. Follow the plan when you're doing a foundation workout; add more mobility work afterwards. Once you have moved past it, use it in your warmup.

Prescription first, then supplementary. You won't be impatient too long :)