This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 form critique

Started by Spphysio, May 29, 2014 · 14 Replies · 465 Views

Spphysio

What do you think about my form ? Would this be acceptable for mastery?

 

I know my elbows may look bend I will recheck it again...to see whether they were bend...

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdxsTCZQwLE&feature=youtu.be

 

 

 

 

Also should I push my hands towards the stick (Scapula elevation) while doing it ?

thecolin

I think I see a bit of a curve where your lower back is coming off the ground, you should pull down your ribs and tilt your hips to flatten it out.

 

Think about getting as long and flat as possible, extend from your hands to your toes. And yes, hunch up your shoulders like a handstand.

Adriano Augusto

You should put 8kg or some to that stick, you'll feel funny things in your body.

 

Besides that it's better to take a close capture to lower back to know if you really are coming off the ground or not. 

 

Cheers!

Mark Collins

Elbows do look a little bent. Unless it is congenital?

thecolin
Adriano Augusto said:

You should put 8kg or some to that stick, you'll feel funny things in your body.

 

 

 

12 kg tends to make my face bright red. Though I'm quite pale so it's generally pretty easy. And there's the squint, which can mean either 'It's time to get serious' or 'Oh god, I'm going to die.'

post-3734-0-06439600-1401360067_thumb.jp

Adriano Augusto

Nice pic there thecolin. I use the same bar, 12kg too.

 

This PE is curious. We made the same body line that a perfect handstand with all stacked together has, isn't? 

 

Maybe legs size could be an issue here to flattening lower back? Just curious. I keep stretching and practicing anyway.

 

Cheers!

Spphysio

Will try today with 10 kg barbell...Let's see...

thecolin
Adriano Augusto said:

Nice pic there thecolin. I use the same bar, 12kg too.

 

Well, since it's not really possible to add weight to a bar and do this PE, it's either a 12kg bar, or a 20kg olympic bar. One of which I'm not ready for.  :P

-MR

A trick I found to adding weight to the bar for this PE is to either lie flat at the top of several steps (provided there's room), so that your elbows, hands and the weighted bar are hanging over the steps. This gives you room to extend your arms completely without having the weights hit the ground. 

 

You can also do this off the end of your bed provided you have a very stiff mattress (otherwise your hips will sag into the bed a little). A long sturdy coffee table would also work.

Sisyphus

I simply held a 5kg plate in each hand and a small diameter dowel between them both. You need to hold the top of the plate so that when you bring your arms into position the plates rest on your wrist - the dowel keeps you aligned and is best under your fingers (on top of the plate). 

 

I worked this up to 2x10kg while waiting for my un-weighted dislocates to get beyond 1.5 x shoulder width - it seemed like a better use of time than playing catchup on PE5>im when the time came. 

Carlos Rodríguez
Sisyphus said:

I simply held a 5kg plate in each hand and a small diameter dowel between them both. You need to hold the top of the plate so that when you bring your arms into position the plates rest on your wrist - the dowel keeps you aligned and is best under your fingers (on top of the plate). 

 

I worked this up to 2x10kg while waiting for my un-weighted dislocates to get beyond 1.5 x shoulder width - it seemed like a better use of time than playing catchup on PE5>im when the time came. 

That actually worked for me, thanks!

Talal
Sisyphus said:

I simply held a 5kg plate in each hand and a small diameter dowel between them both. You need to hold the top of the plate so that when you bring your arms into position the plates rest on your wrist - the dowel keeps you aligned and is best under your fingers (on top of the plate). 

 

I worked this up to 2x10kg while waiting for my un-weighted dislocates to get beyond 1.5 x shoulder width - it seemed like a better use of time than playing catchup on PE5>im when the time came.

Interesting! Could you show us how?

Spphysio

 

 

thoughts on my form now? Would it be acceptable for mastery?

Mark Collins

Looks good to me. I couldn't see if you had PPT from that angle.

Spphysio

Yes I was constantly keeping my pelvis on PPT position and pressing the low back to the ground....:)