https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9VtLIHy2oo&feature=youtu.be
How is my form especially the bent arm planche? I feel like I might be arching my back a little but that is the best I can do right now
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Dan Jeong, May 28, 2014 · 6 Replies · 296 Views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9VtLIHy2oo&feature=youtu.be
How is my form especially the bent arm planche? I feel like I might be arching my back a little but that is the best I can do right now
Very nice and looking good ![]()
BAP is arched, squeeze your abs as much as you can while pushing you off the floor and you will feel a more intense activation of the glutes., with that i mean both pushing strength (chest, shoulders and triceps activation) and serratus anterior strength.
I just tried these two for the first time last weekend. The Frog Stand is very comfortable but the BAP basically feels impossible at this point! lol Any particular pointers that were helpful to any of you? All thoughts are appreciated!
Keep at it and it will come. Every time you do the BAP your muscles strengthen and your neuromuscular coordination improves.
It has taken me 3 months (sPL twice a week) to come down from 60deg (body angle to floor) to near horizontal and holding for 7 secs. I started with parallettes (easier), but the sooner you switch to the floor the better.
Watch the video thousands of times.
Keep your head down.
Get over the fear of face-planting ![]()
1. Make sure your HBP/PE3 form is decent
2. Do 30s BAP with just one leg off the floor
Can you post a video of HBP PE3? and planche leans/elevated leans?