What title should I add to my business card for my F.5 certification?
Gymnasticbodies F.5 Gymnastics Strength Certification ?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Luke Searra, May 27, 2014 · 20 Replies · 822 Views
What title should I add to my business card for my F.5 certification?
Gymnasticbodies F.5 Gymnastics Strength Certification ?
Congratulations! ![]()
Are you a Personal Trainer as in you want a serious title or are you stoked at becoming 25% beast?
Don't know, but congrats! ![]()
Congrats man!
If this were a business card, I would not put this information down. .5 does not qualify you as being able to offer any instruction, and it could be misleading to someone who might not understand what the ranking means. It would not seem proper to me to give others the impression that you have been endorsed or certified by GB or Coach to give any Gymnastic Strength Training™ advice.
Congrats! I'd tattoo it on my forehead.
Wolf with one Ear said:... .5 does not qualify you as being able to offer any instruction, and it could be misleading to someone who might not understand what the ranking means. It would not seem proper to me to give others the impression that you have been endorsed or certified by GB or Coach to give any Gymnastic Strength Training™ advice.
Actually within clearly defined limits that is exactly what being GB certified to L.5 means. It means that Luke has mastered the L.5 materials, is qualified to also teach those materials to others and is officially endorsed by GB to do so.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach: I know there is the physical test of the elements to gain GB certification, but what else is involved in qualifying to teach the materials?
Perhaps this may be a good answer.
Coach Sommer said:The GB Certification process is as follows:
1) Follow the GB Foundation and Handstand courses
2) Attend a GB Seminar
3) Select students are invited to begin the GB Certification process based on demonstrated mastery of course materials and performance at the seminar.
Achieving GB Certification is far more demanding than simply showing up and sitting through a weekend of lectures. Mastery of the materials, both intellectually and physically, must be demonstrated.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
There's also this write up:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/page/index.html/_/certification-seminars/the-first-gb-level-1-certification-examination-r29
I stand corrected as to the meaning of the certification. Never-the-less, from my perspective, a business card should reflect a professional level of achievement, such as C.P.A., M.D., P.E., Attorney-at-Law, or simply include the name of the person, the name of the business, and the contact information. A .5 would seem more appropriate to list with other experience, certifications, on a resume or web page (facebook, etc). Understanding that a business card may sometimes be the first contact with a client or customer, it's main point should not be to communicate everything about you, but to allow the client or customer to find you and your information. A .5 will need to be explained to someone, as even having been a forum member here for a while, I misunderstood its meaning. Putting myself in the position of a potential customer or client, my interest would not be piqued by a .5 level of anything set forth on a business card. This is not to take away from getting the .5 certification, but only a marketing opinion. My card does not list my degrees, professional license, or anything else but my name, the firm for which I work, and my business contact information.
I disagree with Wolf. I think listing the certification would generate questions about it, and lead to a discussion about what you've achieved, and why you're qualified (within Coach's parameters) to teach it.
I have CPA behind my name, and guess what, it's boring. It doesn't really tell what I do, which is reduce anxiety. And since it's a well-known designation, nobody asks about it.
I think if you had "gymnasticbodies F.05 certifiied" or similar, people would ask what it is.
Just don't print too many meishi, if you're close to Level 1 certification.
gymnasticbodies no koto wa, nihongo de setsumei dekiru?
Wolf with one Ear said:... My card does not list my degrees, professional license, or anything else but my name, the firm for which I work, and my business contact information ...
This is a personal choice. I know plenty of other very successful professionals who do indeed list their credentials. One of them in particular, a former teammate of mine who is a self made millionaire several times over, is adamant about clearly establishing credentials right from the beginning.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
mark said:gymnasticbodies no koto wa, nihongo de setsumei dekiru?
[体側から派生した筋トレ] sort of direction?
Certainly, it is often necessary to establish one's credentials from the outset. A medical doctor must establish his M.D., and his licensure. A physician's business card would not be effective if it did not. If a person has an accomplished past, and has many good qualifications, though, then these details are usually established by a resume, or a C.V. A business card is too small to convey much information; beyond the person's name, title, and contact information, there is precious little space for anything else. If too many facts or points are made, the type becomes too small, or the card becomes a visual mess. It is better for the card to be a link to more detailed information.
I have no information about what service the original poster provides. If he or she is a personal trainer, then I think the .5 could be better presented by another form of marketing than a business card. I have seen many, many business cards, and the ones that are useful do little more than remind me how to get a hold of the person who gave it to me in the first place. If the card is the least bit pretentious, or, conversely, desperate sounding, I may change my mind about wanting to contact that person.
Jon, what do you mean?
Congrats man!!!
mark said:Jon, what do you mean?
My mistake-- not 体側-- should be 体操。Pressed Enter too fast ![]()
[体操から派生した筋トレ方法] is how I'd describe it.
That makes a lot more sense, LOL.
Will teach me not to double-check my posts ![]()
hi all.
i wonder how i can get certificated. are there any special seminars for that?
can anyone please explain the preparation for certification?
sascha