Hi guys ! Please check my form
Started by chuchodani, May 26, 2014 · 4 Replies · 1,946 Views
Hi guys ! Please check my form
Get used to pointing your feet and balancing on the top of your toes. Other wise your scapula protraction and depression are fine.
If you are looking to get more scapula protraction turn your hands around. However your preferred hand position seemingly stretches the bicep tendon a little bit and will later help with harder strength elements.
GoldenEagle said:Get used to pointing your feet and balancing on the top of your toes. Other wise your scapula protraction and depression are fine.
If you are looking to get more scapula protraction turn your hands around. However your preferred hand position seemingly stretches the bicep tendon a little bit and will later help with harder strength elements.
Thanks ! and yes I prefer that hand position due to the bicep tendon but I will try the others.
Hi guys,
I have just started planche training. I have no problems holding a simple frog stand, both plank and one arm plank but I think I am struggling with planche lean form.
Please have a look at my form, I would really appreciate that. I am worrying about my palms placement. I wish I could lean more forward and with fingers pointing legs but not yet
My goal with the planche lean before moving to elevated lean is to lean as close to the hips as possible for 30 - 40 sec because now my palms are are somewhere around obliques. Am I right thinking that I need to build up to 30 - 40 sec hold with this lean and then lean forward and start training to lets say 30 sec again? I'm curious if I could gain strenght this way to lean forward more, then start elevated lean and then go back to simple lean but with fingers pointing legs and to elevated lean the same way?
To me your form is OK. Nice lean, good protraction,depression and PPT. Keep using palms facing sidewards or forward, don't do premature work with palms facing backwards, read the second half of page 6 and page 7 for a better understanding in the hand placement topic. https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/16631-62-learning-the-planche/page-6