This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

why not train handstand more than 3 days per week?

Started by dsohei, May 26, 2014 · 9 Replies · 418 Views

dsohei

In the workout templates, I'm wondering why there aren't options for training handstands more than 3x a week.

If f1 and h1 are my main s+c activities, why doesn't it make sense to train more?

I was thinking of doing f7 3-4x a week and hs1 also 3-4x a week. Thoughts please.

Rayne-William

Handstand course specific questions are discussed in the Handstand specific course forum.

dsohei

Which I cant get into even though I purchased the program, so I asked here.

howens

That that up with cory

Rayne-William
howens said:

That that up with cory

Technical Support questions like you are having problems gaining access private forums

dsohei

So integrated programming is part of the hs1 forum?

dsohei

Thanks for moving this topic here :)

Joshua Slocum

Training is just the setup. Recovery is the part where you actually become stronger. Train to frequently, and you don't get better. 

dsohei

I know, but I am doing the integrated 4 day, and it has me alternating f7 and h1 every other day for 6 days. On f7 days I feel worked, but could do h1 because h1 isnt as much of a workout as f7. On h1 days I feel like I could be doing much more and still recover, hence my idea of training h1 more than 3x a week, and f7 maybe 4x a week.

If I do a dance class then I would choose to scale back or skip a day of either f7 or h1 depending on my fatigue level. When movement 1 comes out I'm sure I would scale back in a similar manner, but since it's not out yet I feel like f7+h1 isn't well rounded enough and I need to add in more locomotor or skill drills.

Joshua Slocum
dsohei said:

I know, but I am doing the integrated 4 day, and it has me alternating f7 and h1 every other day for 6 days. On f7 days I feel worked, but could do h1 because h1 isnt as much of a workout as f7. On h1 days I feel like I could be doing much more and still recover, hence my idea of training h1 more than 3x a week, and f7 maybe 4x a week.

If I do a dance class then I would choose to scale back or skip a day of either f7 or h1 depending on my fatigue level. When movement 1 comes out I'm sure I would scale back in a similar manner, but since it's not out yet I feel like f7+h1 isn't well rounded enough and I need to add in more locomotor or skill drills.

If you've been doing that for several weeks and you've consistently felt like you would benefit from another day, then go for it.