Jasper said:I think to say that injuries can be 'avoided easily' really oversimplifies things and is rather patronising to those that have an injury.
In my own example I can certainly say that I didn't attempt to progress before I had fully mastered the previous element (some might even say that I stay longer than necessary on an element before moving on actually). There was really no lead up to my elbow pain. I wasn't working out through mild pain that progressively got worse over a period of time. One day there was no pain and I was doing the exercises within the limits of the schedule nicely, then the next time it was super painful.
It can be really hard to know if one is overtraining or not unless things go wrong. Especially when working to a program such as this one, without any supplementary exercise, and only moving on week to week when fully ready. In my case, I clearly did more than my delicate lickle tendon could manage, but I'm not sure how I could have known that in advance.
That said... I might go and buy a sledgehammer this week.
Haha, touche... "Easily" is perhaps not the right word to use, I agree (as injuries always takes me out of training, again and again) - maybe I should have said "can be best avoided by". No patronization meant, Jasper. I know exactly how you feel.