This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress - slow, varied, but making it!

Started by jer505, May 24, 2014 · 0 Replies · 2 Views

jer505

Hello everyone,

 

I've been doing the foundation series workouts for a bit over a year now.  Although I tracked each weekly workout in detail, I never put them all together to see where I was in the context of the overall Foundation series program.  Well, I finally did it and looking at where I am it really has motivated me to get my put in gear and nail those arch body holds and straddle up exercises.

 

I'm mid 50s, so I've had to do quite a bit of supplemental flexibility work.  It is working!  I am making great progress on my dislocates - when I first tried these I thought it would take much longer to actually do these at any grip width. 

 

I've been very disciplined not missing workouts but sometimes because of work commitments or traveling, I sometimes can't do my entire workout or miss it entirely.  Instead of getting upset about it, I've learned over the past year (with the help of this chart), that if I can't do my entire workout (again this doesn't happen too often), I'll prioritize my lagging areas - although I don't always have access to rings or dipping bars, I can always go on the floor and do arch holds or straddle ups.

 

I'm really impressed with this program and have really enjoyed the strength gains I have derived from following it!  I am turning into a non-typical middle age guy....

StrengthChartCurrent Sheet1.pdf