This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

possible to progress in foundation with limited equipment?

Started by bzrk, May 23, 2014 · 1 Replies · 2,343 Views

bzrk

Hi. I just got Foundation 1 and Handstand 1. I was very intrigued while reading through. However, there is a problem with the program: I have very limited access to equipment. Currently I'm a high school student (turning 17 next month) and is also studying abroad. Right now, I have a door pull-up bar, pair of push up bars, and I can purchase a ring to hang. If really necessary, I can maybe get parallettes too. But that's it. I have nothing else and I really don't have the money to purchase a gym membership (even if I do I don't have a car or anyone to take me there and the nearest gym is ~45 mins walking). This means that I have no stall bars, and no weights whatsoever. For certain exercises or mobility work, I can probably improvise with some sort of object to represent weight, but for I don't have weighted bars for handstand mobility work. I'm wondering if anyone can give me suggestions as to how to progress because I really love training. Started a year ago and now I can do 4 reasonably good (probably better than a lot of youtube people) one arm push ups, I'm also about half a year or so (I think) away from a one arm chin up. I do understand that my form for hanging leg raise (to the bar) is really bad because my door frame is quite low so at the bottom of the movement I have to curl my legs, but I can probably use the ceiling beams between my house and the garage to fix that problem. That's my limit. Please help me out. Thank you.

Rayne-William

Yes you can progress through Foundation with limited access to equipment. Alternatives are discussed in the course specific forums that are below the general forums.