Hi there. So basically I need some expert advice on my handstand endurance. This is a freestanding handstand. My form is on point, and to me it doesn't count if I wobble or move my legs in different positions. Basically my handstand endurance is "good" but not for being a professional hand balancer. I average 3 minutes on blocks and 2:30 on the floor. I have a lot of strength with everything else; I can hold 30sec one hands, one hand transitions, one hand presses (from floor lol), sitting presses, etc etc. With all these skills I find I progress so fast, but my handstand endurance maybe improves 15 sec every two months. It's RIDICULOUS. I find it's always my forearms to fail me first. I try to conserve my energy by creating a suction cup on the floor with the palm of my hand and use minimal finger balancing. After a while I get tired and start to use my fingers more to stop me from swaying.
This is urgent to me because I got accepted into l'ecole nationale de cirque or the national circus school in montreal, college program. I just want to improve as much as I can before I leave in August. My current endurance schedule is:
1) 3:30 HS hold belly against wall, one min off and 1:45 belly against wall again.
-2:30 handstand hold on floor
-1:30 handstand hold on floor
-1 minute intervals, with 40 sec rest (I've been doing this interval thing where I start off 1 min on and 1 min rest, and every 2 weeks I take 10 sec off the rest time)
2) 3:30 hold belly against wall
-3 min hold on blocks
Sun: 1
Mon: 2
Tues: 1
Wed: 2
Thurs: 1
Fri: 1
Sat: 2
Yes I train every day, and I have a routine that I add to the endurance, so it's not like I don't work my handstand more. I pretty much work on my handstand for 2 hours every day. I don't want to hear "I need to rest" because I have been doing this every day for 3 years and I've progressed insanely quick with little to no issues. The only 'issue' is endurance. I also ice my wrists every time I finish training so that I can stop any inflammation that may form(which has been none for over a year now). Going to ENC, I will be continuing to train like this, if not more. I have been very in tune with my hand balancing and make up my own training routines. It's just that this endurance routine I've set up just isn't cutting it! Or unless that's how fast everyone progresses and I'm just crazy?
Any tips of good drills to add? Or critique on my current endurance schedule?