This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck Ups

Started by PrimalMove, May 22, 2014 · 7 Replies · 253 Views

PrimalMove

I'm finding the movement to be simple, but its just the reps amounts getting to me. My question is how do I keep my knees together? When I come up they seem to rotate out. I also had this issue awhile back when working on tuck'ed Lsits.

TANSTAAFL

Have the same issue, focussing on really pressing the knees together before starting the first rep helps, but not for the whole set. Hopefully some more will chime in here.

dritar

It's just one of those things that gets better with practice, much like compression at the top of the rep. It'll continue to get better as you progress along the MN exercise tree.

PrimalMove

Awesome, thank you for the replies.

TANSTAAFL
dritar said:

It's just one of those things that gets better with practice, much like compression at the top of the rep. It'll continue to get better as you progress along the MN exercise tree.

Is that to say it's not required for mastery?

dritar

It's more along the lines that you'll keep improving on tuck ups even after mastering tuck ups. It's good to keep them in your warmup. 

Destiny

I recently finished week 11 on this!

 

cant do 1 proper rep of pe2 however... 

 

need stretch one  :D

 

i keep getting minor setbacks from poor stretching form

dynamo

I have not mastered Tuck Ups so don't look for the holy grail here, but one thing I found that helps keep my knees together is swinging my feet downward at a slower rate so I have a larger angle at the knees a little longer.  Keeping my feet up there a little longer in the cylce also acts as a ballast to help keep me from flying forward as I swing my torso up.  As my knees try to approach my chest I lower the feet more to increase the compression at the the top.