This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

programming

Started by Cliff Tang, May 22, 2014 · 1 Replies · 154 Views

Cliff Tang

Dear GB friends,

I'm using GB a few months now and I'm making a lot of progress.

But what I found very difficult is making the programming work. Most of the times I'm spending more than an hour to make the program right.

I'm crossfitting like 4 years now, and what I used to do was trying to supplement it with powerlifting and gymnastic stuff (I bought the book a few years ago) but it was very difficult to complement everything to make it in balance. Personal life etc...made it impossible to stick with some kind of routine.

Untill I found this online coaching programm. It's very nice that the sets & reps & progression/mastery is written out and you just have to follow it.

My only problem is that It's very difficult to do the 3 days foundations 2 days HS implemented into crossfit and wendler.

my current programm is like this:

mo: crossfit WOD + GB

Tu: strength training + GB (HS)

We: crossfit WOD + GB

Th: strength training + GB (HS)

Fr: crossfit WOD + GB

Sa: rest

Su: rest

when I'm doing the foundation & HS I noticed I use a lot of time doing them, and after some workouts I don't feel I've a lot of energy spare to do them. So sometimes I kept some for the other day. so I moved them.

Now at the moment it's kinda chaos, cause i'm only doing 1 movement each day, so my week is filled with GB movements.

my question is:

should I progress every week now that I spread them over 7 days (is less time consuming) or is this wrong?

cause following the programm FL is done twice a week before upgrading to the next week level. MN is done once a week before upgrading.

Is FL more intensive on the body so it has to be done twice a week in comparison with MN?

Could someone please give some tips, I would be very grateful

I tried using the account for a weekly programm, but as i advance a week, the screen goes white pointing "1000"?

THX

Cliff

Ryan Gaias

I'm in a similar position Cliff.

 

I've just started GB and I'm trying to fit it into to a crossfit based program, as crossfit is what I want to get better at.

 

For now I've structured mine like this:

Monday: Oly + GB + Short WOD

Tuesday: Mobility + HS

Wednesday: Oly + GB + Short WOD

Thursday: Mobility + HS

Friday: Oly + GB + Short WOD

 

I will slowly increase my training frequency on my Oly/Strength work and WOD's, possibly as I move forward with my GB movements I will add them to my WOD's.