This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mn/PE6 (Negative HLL) form check help

Started by Nino Begovic, May 20, 2014 · 5 Replies · 270 Views

Nino Begovic

Hi,

I've asked about the stall bar in another thread without getting any reply.
I'm hoping to get your viewpoint on the form of my NHLL.

It is not the same stall bar as in the video, I think because of that I will not be able to lift my *back part* to head height without squeezing my head into a pancake with my knees.
Is the form ok? What is good and what is bad?

Thank you beforehand for any advice you may have!

 

P. S. the person filming started recording a little late, I'm not swinging the hips up but pulling.

 

IMG_3560.MOV

Alessandro Mainente

Not bad, looking to your distance between shoulders and ears appear that you arenot relaxing completely the shoulders. this could leads to excessive lats activation, relax yourself, and if necessary use  a wider grip to remove the pull assistance.

btw aside this particular, well done!

Oompa2

Envious of your compression (I struggle to get my feet to the bar on the leg extension part). The stall bars I use are similar in that there is a rung right behind your head. Not the most comfortable sensation.

 

I'll have to give Alex's tip on spreading the hands further apart a go.

 

Your NHLL look fine to me - can I ask how long you have been working on them?

 

- Callum

Nino Begovic

Thank you for the feedback guys. This was my third session where I try to do nHLL so far. I'll try to widen the grip next time and update if there is any progress. Still wish I had the same stall bar as in the video :P

 

Oompa2 the integrated mobility for manna I do on every single workout, doubled. Thats what has helped with the mobility. After a while it gets comfortable =)

Nino Begovic

Hey again guys,  here is the update.

I'm pretty happy with the result in the video, although I am not able to do more than 1 rep at a time because a nerv gets pinched in the upper back from the pressure against the stall bar i think. And, I also found that there was more space for the head further up on the stall bar so I managed to get my ass higher up and this time I felt really relaxed and comfortable throughout the entire movement. Feel free to shoot me on the slightest error you may spot, I'd love feedback!

Looking forward to your reply.

 

IMG_3580.MOV

Sisyphus

I had a similar issue with the bar in the back of the head - fortunately I made the stall bars myself so was able to take the offending bar out and also to step the whole assembly an additional 50mm from the wall (the one in the video seem to be mounted with a gap behind the verticals that mine didn't have). A bit of a faff but it made all the difference in terms of the comfort and I was able to focus on the movement rather than the piece of timber trying to crush my spinal cord. I'm now on week 5 after re-starting wk1 with the new setup and the difference in quality of the reps is significant. If it weren't for my shoulders giving out first I'd have probably been close to mastery at the last microcycle.

 

If you're using someone else's bars I'd consider taking a separate wider bar and some ring straps to attach it with - you should be able to fix to the top bar and rest it on the uprights so that you hang further out.