This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New to program questions

Started by Pete, May 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 73 Views

Pete

Hi guys, bought foundation one program and I'm reading it through to make sure I have right. One thing I noticed is that for some movements I am pretty far along already. For example I can already to bar dips for sets of 10-12 reps. Should I have bought foundation two? Without going into all the details there are some things where I can see starting at the beginning but for others I can already do some things in the range PE 3-6.

Did I get the wring program?

Pete

LateStarter@46

No. Every GB student has a different starting point, the thing is to make sure you can do each PE and it's iM to mastery standards before moving on to the next.

Joshua Slocum

Foundation is not about jumping to the hardest exercise you're capable of performing. It's about systematically identifying and eliminating your weaknesses. That is why it's important to test your mastery of all elements (including mobility), starting from the very beginning. If you can demonstrate mastery of an exercise/iM pair, then you should move on to testing the next pair in that progression. If you can demonstrate mastery of everything up to and including HBP/PE6+iM, then you'll want to buy F2 so that you can move on to PE7.

Sometimes it can be frustrating to be stuck working on an "easy" skill when you know you can do something harder. It's important to remember that working on your weaknesses is the key to long-term improvement. If you only do what you're good at, you'll never get much better.