This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE6 purpose?

Started by Peter Hofflund, May 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 235 Views

Peter Hofflund

Hi Everyone,

 

I tried to find this information if it was already in the forums, but couldn't find it anywhere.

ON HBP/PE6 what is the focus of the mobility. It doesn't mention a group of muscles.

 

Also, it doesn't mention per arm. Just one arm for 30 seconds. I would have thought it was a stretch for the triceps, but perhaps it is for the pectorials or back? It seems overly easy, which makes me think I'm missing the point.

 

Thanks!

William
Zach Armijo said:

One arm would imply doing both because.... Why would you only stretch one side. Keeping the ribs pulled in with a flat back while doing this will really let you open up the shoulder. When in doubt, submit a video/pic.

heard this "ribs pulled in" often here, but what does it really mean? i estimate its automatic when flat back is there?

Peter Hofflund
Zach Armijo said:

One arm would imply doing both because.... Why would you only stretch one side. Keeping the ribs pulled in with a flat back while doing this will really let you open up the shoulder. When in doubt, submit a video/pic.

Thanks. Zach. I have indeed been doing it for both arms, and the area I feel it most is in my shoulders!

I just wanted to confirm this. Normally it mentions 30s each arm, 30s each leg in exercises so that someone doesn't divide by 2 to do 15s each arm etc. The lack of mentioning this and also talking about a flat back and ribs pulled in put doubt in my mind that this was for the shoulders etc. If the arm was for support only, then it wouldn't need to be done twice; however, I have been doing both arms just in case. Again, thanks for verifying the shoulders.