This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Best alternative for Wide Grip Pullup RC/PE13?

Started by vinni20, May 19, 2014 · 1 Replies · 141 Views

vinni20

Hi everyone, 

 

I was wondering what the best alternatives would be for Wide Grip Pullups, RC/PE13? I have mastered RC/PE12. I do not have access to a wide pullup bar. I only have access to rings and a pullup bar that mounts in a doorway. It only allows me to do shoulder width pullups. I do have a weight belt and weights. Would weighted pullups be ok and what percent of my body weight should I use?

 

Thanks for your responses!

MT Nordic

Weighted pullups wouldn't be equivalent because the whole point is where you're putting the leverage and that you need to activate your shoulder muscles a lot differently.  Certainly there is a park nearby with monkey bars?  There are pullup bars all over town if you look close enough.  Otherwise put your rings up and put a bar through your rings and use that as a pull up bar.