This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090514

Started by Coach Sommer, May 14, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,111 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090514.jpg

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 TOPs Pulls

1 Embedded PL + 5 Chest Rolls to PL

1 Embedded FL + 5 V-up plus Lift

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier MPPu/MPPr variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose an embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) TOPs Pulls are found on BtGB, pg 107. If necessary, feel free to either use a weight vest or choose a more difficult MPPu variation to make the exercise challenging for the 5 reps.

5) Chest Rolls to PL are found on BtGB, pg 85.

6) If necessary, either decrease the tempo of the V-up plus Lift or add weight to the ankles to increase load.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Joakim Anderson

I made a ring workout of this WOD and added some leg work afterwards.

3 rounds on the rings:

Flat tuck back lever - 15 seconds

TOPs pulls - 5

Tuck planche - 15 seconds

Bulgarian dip to tuck planche - 5

One-legged front lever - 15 seconds

Support leg-raise - 5

Did the cicruit with a friend, so the rest period was the same time as the work period, plus the seconds of preparation, getting up on the rings etc.

3 rounds on the ground:

SLS jump onto lying tractor tire - 5 per leg

Jumps over standing tractor tire - 10

Some depth jumps from 1 meter, never tried this exercise before.

I'll do the bridge wall walks later tonight together with some handstand work.

Joakim Anderson

A question:

I enjoy doing planche work on the rings instead of on the ground or on parallettes. It's more of a challenge trying to keep the balance at the same time. But I'm no planche master, I can hold a flat tuck planche for perhaps 15 seconds on parallettes, and I'm still working tuck planches on the rings. Is it okay to keep working them on the rings or should I master the floor/parallettes first?

Ryan Hutchins
jocke_a said:
A question:

I enjoy doing planche work on the rings instead of on the ground or on parallettes. It's more of a challenge trying to keep the balance at the same time. But I'm no planche master, I can hold a flat tuck planche for perhaps 15 seconds on parallettes, and I'm still working tuck planches on the rings. Is it okay to keep working them on the rings or should I master the floor/parallettes first?

Coach hit me up and basically told me to abandon planche work on the ground and head for the rings. If you're gonna be there eventually why not start now. The strength gains and control gains are incredible. I would know. You still have the strength to hold yourself up. The kick is that you need new control that you never had before. He advised me of this path because of my iron X aspirations, however, i would say the fact that you post on this forum would mean that you probably have goals similar to my own.

Joakim Anderson

Just the kind of answer I hoped for :) thank you Ryan, I'll keep working on the rings.