Straight Arm Frog Stand Form Check

Started by chuchodani, May 19, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,647 Views

chuchodani

Hi guys ! Please critique my form on the Straight Arm Frog Stand. Thanks

 

Jon Douglas

Try to keep the weight on your hands more than your knees; you can see your elbows struggling a little. Making the hold feel more like a  tuck planche with some extra assistance will correct this-- keep your hips down and lean/protract hard. Done right it should not be too much less intense than a tuck pl on the back and shoulders-- it's just very easy to cheat by lessening the lean and dropping the weight back :)

 

If you struggle with this correction, build up some more time with frogstands, planks and pl leans first.

Shaolintobbe

I didn´t know that Jon, thank you, I have had allmost all my weight on the knees.

Jon Douglas
Shaolintobbe said:

I didn´t know that Jon, thank you, I have had allmost all my weight on the knees.

Most people do to start :) makes a big difference.

I think because it's easy to cheat, that's the reason some people think it's a useless progression. It's really not, but you have to be self-policing :)

chuchodani
Jon Douglas said:

Try to keep the weight on your hands more than your knees; you can see your elbows struggling a little. Making the hold feel more like a  tuck planche with some extra assistance will correct this-- keep your hips down and lean/protract hard. Done right it should not be too much less intense than a tuck pl on the back and shoulders-- it's just very easy to cheat by lessening the lean and dropping the weight back :)

 

If you struggle with this correction, build up some more time with frogstands, planks and pl leans first.

Thanks ! I'm going to upload a new version in a couple of days.