This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 target weight?

Started by thecolin, May 19, 2014 · 4 Replies · 177 Views

thecolin

What's a good target weight for PE4? I noticed it doesn't list anything specifically in the course. I'm starting to work it with a 12kg solid metal bar right now which feels comfortable with good core alignment and a narrow grip. What should my end goal be, more or less, for mastery?

 

Also, which is a better cue for shoulder alignment, holding the hands as close to the floor as possible without touching? Or just focusing on extending up as straight as possible and not worrying about how close my hands are to the floor?

Jon Douglas

12kg is fine to move on, if you haven't already.

As an end goal, 20kg is a solid target for most people for the elements up to prone dislocates. (But hey, if you can get 20kg on those more power to you).

Adding more extension weight carries over well to manna training, but flexion less so-- Foundation bridge work will address it harder than more weight on the bar, once you have full ROM.

Right now I warm up with 15kg on both before dislocates; I only change the weight for extension reps, since changing the weight for flexion doesn't change the stretch at all.

thecolin
Jon Douglas said:

12kg is fine to move on, if you haven't already.

 

 

 

I'm just seeing how my endurance feels. 10 seconds felt good today, i'll jump to 20 next session. If that is easy, I'll go for mastery.

Jon Douglas

Ah-ah-ah, my mistake, I thought you were asking about the IM. Sorry, it's just habit in the H1 forum ^_^

 

Yes, 12kg is plenty. IIRC I cert'd through it with 8 or 10kg. More definitely won't hurt. Like the prone dislocates you will have to work damn hard, but I think 20 is do-able.

Please regard my comments above in relation to the flexion rep IM ^_^

thecolin
Jon Douglas said:

it's just habit in the H1 forum ^_^

 

No problem, I've made the same mistake! Sometimes it seems like the PEs are secondary to the iMs.  :lol:

 

Thanks for the help.