This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Maintaining Strength

Started by Agile, May 17, 2014 · 0 Replies · 109 Views

Agile

Two part question on maintaining strength:

 

I'm approaching a month in which I'll be rehearsing such long hours I won't get as much opportunity to train F1  (I currently do 4 days a week).   The rehearsals will be high intensity, so I'm wondering how best to programme maintaining where I am so that after this month I won't have dropped strength levels.  

 

I find especially after SLS/ABH day I feel very fatigued, which is fine when I get to take it easier for a day before going back to work but not so great when work is intense too. 

 

Can I drop the number of sets whilst maintaining intensity for example?

 

Related to this question, I'm wondering how coach's gymnasts train strength in the week before competition - does volume / intensity drop to allow the body to be fully recovered?

 

2.  I'm close to mastering the Mana and Squat elements in F2.  Whilst waiting for F3 what are people doing to either maintain strength or progress with these elements?

 

Thanks for any contributions