This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bulgarian Rows hand width

Started by KibboKift, May 17, 2014 · 2 Replies · 177 Views

KibboKift

How far apart should my hands be at the top position of bulgarian rows? Is it:

 

A) As far apart as the elbows, ie forearms vertical. This is really tough, as you have to force your hands apart while fighting to stop your elbows drifting forwards.

 

B) Approx half way between position (A) and shoulder width. I find this a lot easier.

 

I can't really tell from the video. In BtGB it says "pull your arms apart as far as is comfortable". If that is the case, then it would be the first GST exercise I've come across which is designed for comfort :)

Jon Douglas

Naturally it is A :) perfect reps pull to 90 degree angles at shoulder and elbow. Often you see anterior delts standing right out on this exercise despite their not being a prime mover.

KibboKift
Jon Douglas said:

Naturally it is A :) perfect reps pull to 90 degree angles at shoulder and elbow. Often you see anterior delts standing right out on this exercise despite their not being a prime mover.

Splendid. I would have been disappointed any other way.