This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reaching mastery (FLPE1>iM)

Started by qore, May 16, 2014 · 5 Replies · 255 Views

qore

Hello--

 

    I am just getting started, and I tried out the mobility exercise for FLPE1, and my girlfriend saw that my back was not dipping as low as the individual in the video.  Should performance on the mobility exercise (e.g., the ability to dip my back as low and curve upward as high) dictate my ability to progress to FLPE2?  That is, should I not move past week 1 even if the FLPE1 exercise is getting easier, but I don't have the full range of motion in the mobility exercise?  Or should i progress in terms of requirements on the FLPE1 but not move to FLPE2 until FLPE1>iM has same range of motion as indicated in the video?

 

    Thanks in advance.

Keilani Gutierrez

leave reps as is and keep working on it while your Progress in the PE moves forward :)

Jon Douglas

As K said. Progress your PE reps and keep drilling the IM till you have your ROM.

When the *pair* is up to par, advance to the next one :)

qore

Thank you for the replies. This is a really nice community.  I had a follow up question I was wondering about?

 

 So if during the mastery test I am able to do the full PE1 sets/reps, but don't have the same flexibility as the demonstration of the PE1>iM in the video, should I go to week 9 even though I can do more in terms of PE1 or should I instead do week 11 continuously (with the exception of deload weeks) until I master the iM for PE1?

 

I guess the same question applies if I had reached week 11 more gradually and I was able to do the PE requirement but still not the PE>iM with same range/flexibility as the demonstration video.   Would I just stay on week 11 until I master the iM?  Does flexibility increase for many people over the course of 11 weeks or so? It feels like my back will never go as low as the demo video athlete in FL/PE1>iM.

Jennifer
Would I just stay on week 11 until I master the iM?

You can stay on week 11 for 3 weeks and then deload, or repeat the third block microcycle (week 9,10, 11, 12)

 

Does flexibility increase for many people over the course of 11 weeks or so?

Believe it or not you do make progress.   Sometimes it is slower than you'd like, sometimes it goes quickly.         The important point is to be honest and patient with yourself,  especially when your mind is going faster than your body.

Jon Douglas
qore said:

Thank you for the replies. This is a really nice community.  I had a follow up question I was wondering about?

 

 So if during the mastery test I am able to do the full PE1 sets/reps, but don't have the same flexibility as the demonstration of the PE1>iM in the video, should I go to week 9 even though I can do more in terms of PE1 or should I instead do week 11 continuously (with the exception of deload weeks) until I master the iM for PE1?

 

I guess the same question applies if I had reached week 11 more gradually and I was able to do the PE requirement but still not the PE>iM with same range/flexibility as the demonstration video.   Would I just stay on week 11 until I master the iM?  Does flexibility increase for many people over the course of 11 weeks or so? It feels like my back will never go as low as the demo video athlete in FL/PE1>iM.

How far away are you from full ROM on the IM? Unless you are on the verge and will pick it up soon, just run a single microcycle, wks 9-12, on the PE reps. Then re-assess where your mobility is :)

This is Coach's preference, but I have done both this and repeating of the Wk11 with success on different occasions.