This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing mid-week? (e.g on a 4 day split)

Started by qore, May 16, 2014 · 1 Replies · 101 Views

qore

Hello forum,

 

I am new to this program and very excited.  I am about to start on F1 & H1 and am leaning towards the 4 day split. 

 

I didn't understand if one could progress mid-week assuming you are doing the same exercise more than once a week?   So if on the 4 day split I am able to do week 5 requirements easily on Monday can I progress to week 6 requirements on Thursday or do I have to wait until the next week. 

 

I apologize if this already in the forums.  I read the course guides a couple of times, and I tried searching for mid-week and other terms.  

 

 

Jon Douglas

You would generally use your first session to establish whether to start in week 1, 5 or 9 and advance the reps weekly as you go. Trying to up the reps every workout is a short term strategy not sustainable for too long :) my advice is to exercise patience, allow a submaximal week or so here and there, and enjoy the ramp up to real volume.

Stick to weekly increments IMO until you a) reach your targets by gradual steps or b) hulk up and spontaneously test through an element.

If you want to add volume but arent ready to jump fotward a whole microcycle, feel free to add sets after you finish your scheduled work-- just don't plan it, go to form failure not collapse, and I recommend you keep reps constant in these sets too. If you can do the reps of four weeks up of course, advance yourself and go nuts.