Cheap ABS plastic rings

Started by Fin, May 14, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,122 Views

Fin

I used to have a pair of rings, but stupidly threw one of them away because I was traveling and I wanted my backpack to be lighter. I know I'm an idiot, but what is done is done.

 

Anyway, now I'm currently living in Thailand and getting professional rings is going to be very expensive. I can handle the cost of rings and delivery, but customs will take me to the cleaners.

 

So I've found a pair of ABS plastic rings on Ebay and they'll ship from China to Thailand for free. They are also only around $35 dollars, so I won't have to pay hardly anything in custom tax.

 

I know Coach Sommer recommends fig rings and these are 28mm, so basically just a tiny bit smaller. I also know I'll have to tape them for grip. They will probably help more than wooden rings anyway atm because all of my training will be outside and I wouldn't want to get wooden rings wet.

 

So do you think I should go for these, or would it be better getting more expensive ones?

 

If I do go for the cheap ABS right now I will upgrade in future, but I'd like to know what you think.

 

Cheers

Joshua Slocum

Should be fine. You can tape them up more heavily than normal to make the gripping area a bit thicker.

Fin

Thanks a lot.

 

I'll go for those ones to start getting some practice in.