This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Quick sPL/PE3 Form Check

Started by wheezer, May 14, 2014 · 12 Replies · 288 Views

wheezer

Hi guys.

 

Is this alright?

 

plank_zps6bea1e35.jpg

dritar

Hi,

 

In my opinion you're piking too much. I think you can easily fix it with some feedback while you are doing the sets.

wheezer

Hmm how do I pike less? I am squeezing PPT as hard as I can.

TANSTAAFL
wheezer said:

Hmm how do I pike less? I am squeezing PPT as hard as I can.

Surgically implanted rebar...I'm just rolling off the cuff here.

old dude_1969

I'm no expert by any means. I think the strength is there as is the hollow body position.  It looks like if you would move your feet back away from your elbows, you would be there!  You look a bit compacted.  Just elongate your base and you have it!  

dritar

Like it was suggested, you could just move your feet back a bit.

 

That said, upon looking once again at the video in the course, I think my earlier post might've been just a nitpick as per the video course your form seems ok. I had in mind sPL/PE5 in which I personally had much difficulty with piking (instead of proper PPT) so I had that shape in mind.

wheezer

Ohh so more like this?

 

plank2_zpsd708520c.jpg

 

This is much easier!

LateStarter@46

Lovely!  :)

old dude_1969

Looks awesome! Nice work.

thecolin

One last thing you can do would be to externally rotate your arms so that the pits of your elbows points straight forward. This will start to help condition your joints better as your work towards doing leans and ensure a strong lock out.

Duff
thecolin said:

One last thing you can do would be to externally rotate your arms so that the pits of your elbows points straight forward. This will start to help condition your joints better as your work towards doing leans and ensure a strong lock out.

This also really helps with engaging the lats.

wheezer
thecolin said:

One last thing you can do would be to externally rotate your arms so that the pits of your elbows points straight forward.

 

Would it be okay to turn my fingers outward for PE4?

thecolin
wheezer said:

Would it be okay to turn my fingers outward for PE4?

 

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I don't see why not. But I'm not sure it will be much different without the added pressure of the lean. With your weight directly above your palm, I don't think hand rotation will change anything. Play with it, just remember that pain means no gain when it comes to straight arm conditioning.

 

Regardless, you'll almost definitely want to start out on planche leans with your hands forwards so you can ease into the increased pressure. Then gradually turn them out over time.