sore from normal training - should I go for Foundation workout anyways?

Started by katlinchen, May 14, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,660 Views

katlinchen

I train gymnastics 4 times a week for 2 hours each. As I strarted doing a lot of new stuff on bars (kips, free hips etc.) and we also have a little bit of conditioning in our warm-ups, I am usually a little sore the next day, or at leat "exhausted".

Like today. I was in gym yesterday for 3 hours and I am a little bit sore around my core and I know it's just a little "exhausted" from yesterdays training. 

We don't do a lot of conditioning, but some hollow rocks and stuff and then the kips etc, which target the core a lot.

I usually would work on F2 today, because I do it 3 times a week! But as my stomach is a little sore and of course just "exhausted" I don't know if I should go for it or not. I am also in gym tomorrow and will do kips and cast handstands again!

I really wanna do improve in my handstand presses and overall strength, but I don't really know how to combine the two. I know that I am not going to make a lot of progress if I just did the training, because my gym isn't very competetive and we are not really good!

Please help me!
 

Joshua Slocum

Do your strength work. You may find that you're lagging a little behind where you were before due to the fatigue, but your body will eventually adapt to the new workload.