Man I've been training my pullups since the start of the year, I started off with 4x4 pullups, with the aim of 5 sets of 10 pullups before I progress to a harder exercise.
I'm currently stuck on 2x8 + 2x5 pullups (2 sets of 8 followed by 2x5, 2.5mins rest between sets).
Been stuck on it for a month. Before that I was stuck on 2x8+2x4 for a month. Is progress meant to be this slow? At this rate, I might be lucky to get to 5x10 at the end of the year. That's a whole year trying to get to 5x10 pullups.
I thought that 5x10 was a good level, but now that I think about it, I can't see any vids of anyone on youtube doing it.
PS. I used to be able to do 5x9pullups if I arched my back heaps and did it like that picture of Franco Columbu doing pullups, but now I'm trying to do it maintaining flexed abs (straight body) the whole time. Strength didn't really transfer over lol.