Hello all. I am new to GB but have been doing crossfit for 3 years now. I was wondering what is the best way to bring the movements/workouts with me to the box. I am unsure I can memorize the abbreviations and what things mean and their related movements. What is the best way for me to proceed. Thanks very much.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Hi. I am new to GB and a bit confused.
Started by niagra, May 14, 2014 · 5 Replies · 229 Views
What are you doing at the box at the moment? Do you have the Foundation and Handstand series?
Mark, Hi. Yes I purchased Foundation and Handstand. I printed the weeks workouts but was wondering how to bring examples of the movements to the gym. I was going to bring my iphone and look at each one separately. Is there another way? What do you do?
Welcome to the forum/course. :-)
Since the workout elements won't change all that often (much unlike CF), you should be able to memorize them fairly quickly. I would just do each exercise (at the appropriate progression level) several times while you are home and then write down the abbreviation and say the name of the exercise out loud to yourself several times while doing so. Finally look back through your list of exercises and see if you can do them all by name. If not, then go back and look at the course and then perform the exercise again and repeat it out loud to yourself once more and perhaps even write down some cues that could help jog your memory later while doing the exercise at your box.
Remember that we generally remember what we physically do best, then what we hear, and then what we read. If you do all three then you have the best chance of remembering; just like studying anything.
Don't worry though, it shouldn't take you too long before you've got the workouts memorized; it's not that complicated of a program (although don't let that fool you, it is highly effective).
I would have thought taking your phone to the gym would be the easiest way, until you get into the groove of what you are training ![]()
After 1 or 2 weeks with maybe a description for each one written down on your phone as a memo, you'll remember them all no problem.