I recently started looking into Functional Movement Screens by Gray Cook. I performed the 2 basic FMS and was scored a 1 on the Active Straight Leg Raise and a 2 on the Shoulder Mobility test. That alone surprised me. I was pretty dysfunctional as the ASLR ability pretty much dictates almost everything in the lower body.
Then I discovered that the Shoulder Mobility has an additional pain-clearance test described here under Clearing Exam: http://www.acatoday.org/content_css.cfm?CID=4550 . Turns out, I have a slight pain - more like a pinch - every single time I perform the movement with my right shoulder. As such, I really score 1 on the ASLR and 0 on the shoulder mobility. Wow. According to FMS, I should be focusing 100% of my time addressing these issues and nearly nothing else. Perhaps Hollow Rocks and Supermans are exceptions to this.
My question is whether I should be showing this to a "medical professional" as they state I should do if I score a 0 (pain)? Is it obvious what corrective exercises that should be used to go from pain to no pain? Whom do you think would be qualified to address this dysfunction? I've contacted the nearest ART certified practitioner but I'm not even certain if they are properly equipped to address this.
Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.