This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE1>iM and lead legs...

Started by Veldcat, May 12, 2014 · 6 Replies · 302 Views

Veldcat

I've been on this one for months now and I just thought I'd see if y'all have any tips.

When trying to hold, I have no problems getting up, but I can only hold it at a 45 degree angle. When trying to lower myself so that my body is parrallell (sp?) to the ground, the weight of my legs just topples me down. 

I do have rather large legs, but I'm wondering if any of you have experienced a similar dilemma, and if so how you overcame it. Weak lower back? Weak upper back? Weak deltoids? Need more weight in front? Weak ROM?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Meow!

LateStarter@46

This thread should probably be in F2  :P

 

Assuming you topple down with your legs rather than onto your face, my answer would be 'need more weight in front' i.e. more lean, so you reach a balance point when horizontal. If you are heavier in your lower half then you may have to lean more than the model shows.

Fede HD
LateStarter@46 said:

This thread should probably be in F2  :P

 

Assuming you topple down with your legs rather than onto your face, my answer would be 'need more weight in front' i.e. more lean, so you reach a balance point when horizontal. If you are heavier in your lower half then you may have to lean more than the model shows.

Agree. You need to lean a lot to balance in an horizontal position.

Gillham

I believe what others have recommended is working on pseudo planche push ups.  What has helped me slowly has been trying the movement on parallettes.

ajoOba

pseudo planche pushups didnt help me but what helped me is to get into the position slowly with control rather than "jump" into it as seen in the course video. try to go more and more horizontal. in the beginning its just a negative movement but at some point youll be able to actually hold the position. i also have heavy legs due to previous weightlifting but that shouldnt be a problem. see it as a benefit as you will be stronger them after you accomplished the exercise than someone with chicken legs :)

Markus Klein

You might also try to put your legs into a resistance band to hold them up.

 

So you can get a feeling for the movement and reduce the resistance by using lighter and lighter bands.

Veldcat

Hey Guys,
All GREAT advice!

@ LateStarter@46: Agreed - I checked out the F2 threads and found one pertaining to this very issue. Taking your advice I focused on leaning more than the model. Worked s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y better. I also figured this was due to me forgetting to 'pronate' the shoulder blades (d'oh!) I'm gonna focus on gaining some more lean mass on my upper body to see if I can balance this out.

@ Fede HD: LOVE the capoeirista playing the birrimbau! ^_^ I miss that game!

@ Gillham: Yeah, I thought to give them a go. Tried them on the parallel bars on the field I train...and smashed my legs...experience gained...level up!

@ ajoOba: This is what seems to be happening now that I'm tweaking it. You're right, in that it's a negative movement...but slowly, slowly it's slowing down. Managed to hold it lower than before this morning. Not perfect, but a damn sight better than before.
Agreed - weightlifting and army = big legs or at least, heavy legs. Guess it means working for above normal strength. I'm wondering if you've experienced the same thing with the l-sit Russian dips (in that keeping the legs parallel to the floor as you go up is near impossible due to their weight.
Any suggestions there? Stronger abs...more flexibility in shoulders?

Thanks a heap fellas - you're all legends!

Rowr!