This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE 17

Started by Matthieu Jeandel, May 12, 2014 · 5 Replies · 276 Views

Matthieu Jeandel

Hello 

 

Just begin HBP PE17. For the moment it's just impossible (lack of strenght, controll, ...) to do the rep as the same as the video. 

 

I have to arch to success a rep, and it's impossible for the moment to do it with perfect shoulder mecanic (elbow in, forarm and arm bent at 90° in the bottom, ...)

 

So may I just do wall headstand push up (with free handstand at the end) to gain the strenght until I do 5 x 5 and after coming back to free heandstand push up? 

 

Or it is better to continue with free headstand push up? 

 

Thank you

 

Matt.

Ravn

Have you mastered HBP16 without arching in the negative?

Matthieu Jeandel

I mastered HPB PE16 with the wall as said in the focus point. 

 

I asked if I can use wall to push up in PE17 because in the two next PE18 PE19 wall is used to increase the ROM and the gain of strenght.

Joshua Slocum

How is your freestanding handstand? That might be a cause of the sticking point.

 

Mastering the freestanding HeSPU is important, since the full HBP requires similar balance and control. 

Matthieu Jeandel

Around 30/35 sec freestanding handstand, working on improving the line. I do press to handstand (but following to H2 courses to improve my work and the quality of this). 

 

I understand free headstand push up is important but we find it again during SE element for HBP. But at this time we have (hope so) gain a lot of strenght with the last PE element. 

 

That's the sens of my question, it's not to avoid to do free headstand push up, I would have to do but if I do it now I will sacrify a lot the quality of the move.

 

If I use a little the wall at the begining of the push I have less arch and can put my elbows in.

Ravn

I'd go back and master HBP16 freestanding. It is much harder than doing it against a wall, and it will probably bump up your handstand capabilities, AND make HBP17 possible. Win-win.