Building Longer Static Holds

Started by hourjack, May 11, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,664 Views

hourjack

How do you achieve longer holds at static exercises like the planche/front lever even a simple l-sit. I know when you train dynamic exercises one way to build up numbers is set a number of reps you will get with a lot of sets and on the other workout you achieve the same number with less sets. But how does that really work on static holds ? I'm stuck at 3~5 seconds full planche, 8-11 seconds straddle planche, ~10 seconds front lever and l-sit at only 35 seconds on p-bars and it seems longer holds won't come to me no matter the training protocol. My question is do I lack the strength for longer holds and if yes how do I get stronger or if its just endurance I lack how am I supposed to build endurance on the holds.

B1214N

For static holds, 20+ seconds begins to be endurance training. You need more strength for PL and FL to hold them longer while you need more endurance to hold the L-sit longer. Just keeping working more holds.

jules

Your number don't add up to me. Straight off the bat, I'm guessing your holds are with bent arm not straight. (Even a slight bent is still 'Bent). if this is the case, that's probably the source your problem. Can you post some video of your holds so we can check form?