how can I keep fit during holidays

Started by lisiflex, May 11, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,896 Views

lisiflex

I am a cheerleader and a gymnast and I am  looking for a plan that keeps me well conditioned in a gymnastics way and that I can do everywhere. For the next year I will travel a lot, so I will mostly go to open gyms to work on my skills, but of course, don't have warm-ups or conditioning with the coaches! I would say I am a level6/level7.

After reading a lot of different posts on this and other forums, I put myself together a plan. I want to work out 3-4 times a week for the next year.

I want this plan to:
 

- work every muscle group I need for my gymnastics training
- keep me strong for my tumbling and gymnastic skills (I am doing fulls on floors and casts on bars) 


5 pike presses
10 straddle press handstands
3x10 pull-ups
3x20 hanging leg raises on stall bars
5x20 push-ups
3x30 handstand shoulder touches
3x60 hollow body rockers
3x60 arch rocks
calf+toe raises
3x15 lunges on each leg

Is this plan ok? Any advices? Please help, I am afraid I will lose my strength if I don't do the condtioning at training anymore!
 

Rayne-William

That program you have for yourself looks good. Talk with your coach and see what he or she would suggest you do.

Blairbob

 It's alright. I would add rope climbs, skinthecats, reverse leglifts and perhaps doing plyo jumps with boxes like the Sender series.