wrist pain

Started by Chris H Laing, May 11, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,535 Views

Chris H Laing

I started having a wrist pain recently. It doesn't bother me during exercise, but it does at random times in my dad, like picking up a laptop. It really only happen when I lift stuff up in a plate curl type motion, such as picking up my laptop. Sometimes it only hurts when I put it down.

I got a picture off google and circled where the pain is, but cant figure out how to get it on here, so I'll describe where the pain is. If you put your right hand in front of you, palm facing you, it is on the left side about an inch under the wrist.

Anyone know what this is, what caused it, and what I can do to make it stop hurting?

jdlee

This sounds exactly where my wrist hurts although my wrist doesn't hurt too much picking up stuff. It hurts whenever I rotate it and put weight on it in certain ways or pull weight with it in certain ways. My guess is that it's like shin splint but somebody with more knowledge might be able to give a better explanation.

[EDIT] I've been having trouble with my right forearm. I think I did something to it around a month and a half ago. When it first happened, it hurt even when I just rotated my forearm, but after some time now it doesn't bother me anymore. It only hurts when I try to put my hand down with fingers pointing toward my body (just like doing hands pointing backward planche) and put weight on my arm. Also if I try to rotate my forearm without moving the elbow to the point in which my arm makes exactly same motion and shape as mentioned above then I can feel the pain but not too bad.

I'm wondering whether this is a common problem or not, because if it is not I can safely guess that I'm doing something wrong. This pretty much halted me from doing any sort of gymnastic exercises, because it hurt whatever I did; PL, BL, handstand, ring work and so on and so forth. It doesn't hurt too bad anymore so I got back to training but I am stretching and icing my forearm still every day. [/EDIT]

(posted a new post before I saw this message. This is a copy of the message I posted so I can delete the double post)

Blairbob

Is there a bump or sac of fluid there ( ganglion )? Do you feel it in the bone or muscle?

jdlee

Mine is definitely not ganglion because there is no visible difference from normal state. I didn't even have any swelling or reddening when it happened but it still hurt. I feel the pain in my muscle that is pretty close to the bone but I am quite sure that it is my muscle. It is about an inch below wrist (from where little knob of bone (end of forearm bone)) and stretch down about 2-3 inches on back side of forearm (same side as back of hand). I talked to a doctor and he told me that I should just follow RICE but it's been awhile and there is apparently someone else with the similar problem.