I am in week 2 of F1/H1 and find that certain mobility issues are what is holding me back already. I used to think I was above average in flexibility, but the last week has been eye-opeining (I am already stuck on things like swivel hips, for example since I cannot keep both butt cheeks down)! I also scanned ahead in both F1 and H1 to see what is on the horizon in terms of both the PE and the iM and can already see there are going to be some major issues ahead (like anything involving legs split out in a straddle, comes to mind immediately -- not sure how I'll ever do a straddle v-up with proper form and range of motion right now).
I have an old Yoga DVD laying around that I started using this week ("Yoga for Martial Arts") and I have the book "Becoming a Supple Leopard" by Kelly Starrett. Are there any other resources here that that the GB vets routinely use and recommend to assist in getting the mobility necessary to do the PEs and iM's better?
Thanks for helping this newbie out!