How is everyone measuring % body fat? Here's some pics from nerdfittness.com (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/) giving rough estimates, but I'm looking for some scientific way that's easy to do at home:
Men:


Women:


This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by dynamo, May 11, 2014 · 33 Replies · 1,087 Views
How is everyone measuring % body fat? Here's some pics from nerdfittness.com (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/) giving rough estimates, but I'm looking for some scientific way that's easy to do at home:
Men:


Women:


I must be between 16-20 on the women scale.
5'11" @ 172lb / 78kg
want to get to 159lb / 72kg
Using calipers is how you would measure BF and the only accurate way. Though if you can see veins below the bellybutton and visible abs chances are you are 10% or less.
Dynamo, those pictures are useful. On that basis I'm a female 16%bf upper torso, 20%bf lower torso :-)
On that picture basis I'd hazard a guess at around 12-13%. More definition than the 14-15 but not as much as the 9-10.
Im 90kg ~185cm. Approx. 20% bf based on those pics
The best caliper is the mirror.
Adriano Augusto said:The best caliper is the mirror.
I will respectfully disagree. If you are emotionally invested in your body, it's way too easy to see something that is not actually there - or to not see something that is there.
Objectivity can be a fantastic tool.