This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Really need help with Hinge Row, RC/PE1

Started by abvb11, May 9, 2014 · 5 Replies · 367 Views

abvb11

So, hinge row is really giving me problems. And after finally videoing it I do see some need for improvement but also need help on the things I can't see, please. I got up to 9r but I cannot get past 9r. I started back over at week 1 but really want to be able to move forward.

RC/PE1

 

 

Also looking for checks/input on scapular shrugs and pushup

On scapular shrugs I did from two angles so hopefully can see the form

sPL/PE1

 

Pushup

My first set i recorded and saw myself pull my chest up first on way up. This set was a lil better but think I will be on pushups for awhile

HBP/PE2

 

Also want to make sure I am improving with correct form on straddle up and jefferson curl, so checking before moving on too much further

MN/PE2

MN/PE2>iM

 

Thanks for any help!

Mark Collins

Hinge rows looks like you need more bend at the hips. Try starting with the feet not so far forward. If you could not get the sets of 9 you should stick in block 2 and go back to 4x6. Don't be surprised if some exercises take a lot longer than 3 months so be patient.

Samin Ishtiaq

Straddle up looks good. Try and keep your legs straight, feet extended. Look at how the model in the video does it.

 

JC: Again, look at the model. He goes slowly, "one vertebrae at a time". His bar is closer to his body than yours. At the bottom, he's in pike position.

What weight bar are you using? Do you feel the stretch? Maybe you need to add some weight to the bar?

thecolin

For the hinge rows, try thinking about it as an assisted sit up, as opposed to a row. It sounds a bit odd, but that's almost what it is. Think about starting the move by pulling yourself up with your abs. That might help your coordinate your whole body a bit better and sit up higher.

 

Try to push more from your core with the push ups to keep your back flatter as you go up.

dritar

To get the position right in Hinge Rows do as the athlete does in the course video, i.e., set up so that sitting down with your torso perpendicular to the ground and with ring height where you can reach the rings with a slight bend at the arms. Then open your hip so that you end up in the start position. I think you'll find that this start position will be a bit easier than the one you are in.

TANSTAAFL

On the scap shrugs your elbows are bending slightly at some points. They look really good otherwise so just keep it in mind and it should pass as you get the reps in.

 

Ditto everyone else above on everything else....ah that was easy.